We are offering a full-time paid internship in public affairs/communications for six months with great learning opportunities and responsibility from day one starting in September 2019. You would support the DAFNE team at the Philanthropy House in Brussels, Belgium.
The ideal candidate has experience in EU public affairs, has a record in communications and digital media and is fluent in both written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset. Experience in the civil society and/or philanthropy sector would be an advantage.
- Assisting the Executive Director in advancing the “Philanthropy Advocacy” project
- Contributing to regular EU and national advocacy monitoring for members
- Arranging meetings with policy makers of all three EU institutions and organising policy events in Brussels
- Working closely with DAFNE team
in developing and maintaining DAFNE’s media and communications work, including:
- Philanthropy Europe Newsletter
- DAFNE websites
- Campaign for the European Day of Foundations and Donors on 1st October
- Social media activities
- Supporting DAFNE team in event and project management
- Maintaining the data base on a regular basis
- Conducting research
What we offer:
This is a paid full-time internship. We are offering an inspiring working environment at the Philanthropy House in the centre of Brussels, access to a great European network in politics and philanthropy. You would have unlimited learning opportunities and responsibility from day one.
Who we are:
Donors and Foundations Networks in Europe (DAFNE) is a leading voice of European donors and foundations with 30 member associations in 28 countries and a collective membership of more than 10,000 donors, foundations and grant-makers. DAFNE underpins individual activities of its members by encouraging dialogue and collaboration between the national associations. Find more information about DAFNE here: www.dafne-online.eu.
How to apply:
Please send your motivation letter and CV in English as a pdf as soon as possible, but latest on 29 June 2019, to Max von Abendroth, Executive Director of DAFNE:
We will proceed with the interviews of short-listed candidates on an ongoing basis.