Donors and Foundations Networks in Europe (DAFNE) process the personal data transmitted to it in accordance with the legislation in force, and, in particular, Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, applicable from 25 May 2018.
Donors and Foundations Networks in Europe (DAFNE).
How we collect or obtain information about you
- when you provide it to us by contacting us via e-mail, online form or signing up to our newsletter.
Information we collect
- IP address,
- information about your computer or device (e.g. device and browser type),
- information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed,
- the time when you view them and what you clicked on
- the geographical location from which you accessed our website (based on your IP address).
How we use your information
- for administrative and business purposes
- to analyse your use of our website
- if you have subscribed to our newsletter, to send you the newsletter.
Disclosure of your information to third parties: only to the extent necessary
- to our service providers with whom we have a data processing agreement in place
- to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you,
- where required by law or to enforce our legal rights
Your rights in relation to your information
- to access your information and to receive information about its use
- to have your information corrected and/or completed
- to have your information deleted
- to restrict the use of your information
- to receive your information in a portable format
- to object to the use of your information
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
- to complain to a supervisory authority
Sensitive personal information
We do not collect what is commonly referred to as ‘sensitive personal information’. For more information, please see the main section below entitled Sensitive Personal Information.
The data controller in respect of our website is Donors and Foundations Networks in Europe (DAFNE).
Donors and Foundations Networks in Europe (DAFNE) are registered in Belgium.
You can contact our data controller by contacting
- Donors and Foundations Networks in Europe (DAFNE)
- Philanthropy House
- Rue Royale 94
- B-1000 Brussels Belgium
- Or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect when you visit our website
We collect and use information from website visitors in accordance with this section and the section entitled Disclosure and additional uses of your information.
Web server log information
- the pages accessed
- information requested
- the date and time of the request
- the source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website)
- your browser version and operating system
Our server is located in a data centre in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Use of website server log information for IT security purposes
We collect and store server logs to ensure network and IT security and so that the server and website remain uncompromised. This includes analysing log files to help identify and prevent unauthorised access to our network, the distribution of malicious code, denial of services attacks and other cyber-attacks, by detecting unusual or suspicious activity.
Unless we are investigating suspicious or potential criminal activity, we do not make, nor do we allow, any attempt to identify you from the information collected via server logs.
Use of website server log information to analyse website use and improve our website
We use the information collected by our website server logs to analyse how our website users interact with our website and its features. For example, we analyse the number of visits and unique visitors we receive, the time and date of the visit, the location of the visit and the operating system and browser used.
We use the information gathered from the analysis of this information to improve our website. For example, we use the information gathered to change the information, content and structure of our website and individual pages based according to what users are engaging most with and the duration of time spent on particular pages on our website.