On 1. October 2019, DAFNE and EFC are organising the debate “Singe Market for Philanthropy: Helping Unlock the Potential for Public Good.”
This event is hosted by Vice-President Nicola Beer, MEP, and aims to introduce the debate about the potential of philanthropy for the public good to MEPs and key stakeholders.
• Kerstin Jorna, Deputy Director General DG ECFIN, European Commission
• Ludwig Forrest, King Baudouin Foundation
• Dr. Sergey Lagodinsky MEP, Greens, Germany
• Ionut Sibian, Member of the EESC
• Felix Oldenburg, CEO German Association of Foundations
• Felix Fernández-Shaw, Director DG DEVCO, European Commission
The event will kick off with a couple of philanthropy case-studies to illustrate the diversity and important complementary role of philanthropy, which is a tool for citizens to engage to contribute to the public good in Europe, and then have short keynote speeches looking at the topic from different perspectives, followed by some commentators.
The event takes place on 1. October 2019, from 5. to 7 pm.