Join us as our new Membership and Engagement Trainee or as a Policy and Communications Trainee working with the Philanthropy Advocacy team.
We are offering two full-time paid Trainee positions, starting on 28 September 2020 and based at the Philanthropy House in Brussels. One is working on Membership and Engagement with the DAFNE team, while the other will be working on Policy and Communications with the Philanthropy Advocacy team.
We are offering an inspiring working environment at the Philanthropy House in the centre of Brussels, access to a great European network in politics and philanthropy. You would have unlimited learning opportunities and responsibility from day one.
Please see below for details of the two roles available. If interested, send your motivation letter and CV in English as a pdf as soon as possible, but latest on 10 September 2020, to Max von Abendroth, Executive Director of DAFNE: email@example.com. We will proceed with the interviews of short-listed candidates on an ongoing basis.
1. Membership and Engagement Trainee at DAFNE
The ideal candidate has a record in communications, is attentive to detail, demonstrates ability to work independently and is fluent in both written and spoken English (C2 level). Other languages are an asset. Experience in the civil society and/or philanthropy sector would be an advantage.
- Assisting DAFNE team in membership engagement and outreach and reporting to the person in charge
- Working closely with DAFNE team in developing and maintaining DAFNE’s media and communications work, including:
- Supporting DAFNE team in event and project management: PEX, C Summit, Next Philanthropy, Focus Philanthropy etc.
- Maintaining the data base on a regular basis and conducting desktop research
Who we are:
We bring together 30 national associations in 28 countries across Europe, representing over 10.000 public-benefit foundations, big and small, who want to make a difference to society. We have created an alliance for collaboration across philanthropy networks in Europe to address big philanthropy questions of our time in a coordinated and effective manner. We lead, strengthen and build the field for the common good in Europe. We are involved in four key areas: advocacy, peer exchange, communications and research that are needs-based and future-oriented. We value ideas over hierarchy and believe in a truly collaborative approach. Find more information about DAFNE here: www.dafne-online.eu.
2. Policy and Communications Trainee at Philanthropy Advocacy
The ideal candidate has a record in European public affairs, is passionate about social media, new forms of communication has experience with Canva and other design programs, is attentive to detail, and fluent in both written and spoken English (C2 level). Other languages are an asset. Experience in the civil society and/or philanthropy sector would be an advantage.
- Assisting the Philanthropy Advocacy communications team in advancing the “Philanthropy Advocacy” project
- Working closely with Philanthropy Advocacy team in developing and maintaining social media and communications work, including:
- Philanthropy Advocacy website and newsletter
- #Philanthropy4good campaign, including creation of videos, GIFs, visual material and social media planning and messaging
- Preparing presentations, reports, blog posts, social media toolkits etc.
- Arranging meetings with policymakers of all three EU institutions and organising policy events
- Supporting DAFNE and philanthropy advocacy teams in event and project management
- Conducting desktop research
Who we are:
With the overarching aim of ensuring a thriving European philanthropy sector, Philanthropy Advocacy acts as a hub for legal, fiscal and advocacy efforts on behalf of European philanthropy. This collaboration of DAFNE, as a network of 30 national-level donors and foundations networks across Europe, and the EFC, as a European-level network of more than 200 of the most influential philanthropic organisations active in Europe, brings a strong, united voice for European philanthropy.